Can't Import Contacts into Huawei Phone (Solved)

 Import Contacts into Huawei  Phone

Introduction:

When I exported my contacts from a Samsung phone (using contacts), it created a Contacts.vcf file. When I tried to import this into my Huawei Mate 50 Pro, I thought it was a software incompatibility problem.


Cause:

The import from files cannot handle large files, so you need to break the contacts into smaller files. From my limited testing it seems that I was able to load the file if it was 125K long.


Solution

Open the Contacts.vcf file in note-pad on your pc, and break it down into smaller files. Just make sure you cut at end of a contact block.


For example:

BEGIN:VCARD

VERSION:2.1

N:Some other contact;SD;;;

TEL;CELL:+278xxxxxxxx

END:VCARD

<!----- cut file here! ------>

BEGIN:VCARD

VERSION:2.1

N:Some contact;;

TEL;CELL:082xxxxxxx

END:VCARD

Comments